Users Can Request Access to Teams Store Apps

MVP

A new feature allows Teams users to request access to Teams Store apps that are currently blocked. Administrators review requests and decide to release or continue blocking the app. Microsoft says that seamless communication happens between users and administrators. That’s not what I experienced…

https://office365itpros.com/2022/05/27/access-teams-store-apps/

5 Replies
Interesting feature. In my experience, some organizations want to deliberately restrict the app catalog such that users cannot see what is available to decrease requests for unauthorized third-party apps where incumbent solutions are available. I'm hoping that this can be disabled & admin restrictions on the app store can prevail. Thanks for sharing!

@Tony Redmond It's a terrible implementation of what could be a useful feature. The lack of notification between the requestor and the admin of the approval or rejection of the app integration - is a show stopper. Especially since Tenant admins can't see the names of the users who requested an app. In light of this half-baked implementation, has anyone found a way to hide them all again- so that the user community as a whole is not assuming that someone is actually looking at this in the admin center?

My organization will need to turn this feature off. It does not help communicating with users, but rather causes frustration from expectation that IT will approve their requests based on a whim. Seems to be an unfinished good idea, that would be good, were it implemented more thoroughly, with the option to actually communicate to requesters. And no documented "off button for it". So far I am unsuccessful in finding out how to disable this option anywhere. 

Looks like some of the concerns in this thread are being addressed - see MC411463 for details.

when a really good idea turns bad deployed....

1. As enterprise, we blocked applications.
2. Microsoft came with this end user feature requests. (without possibility for enterprise to turn it off)
3. shouting...
4. Microsoft added possibility to add custom text and link...
5. shouting again, because we need to disable the feature.
6. Microsoft promises to come with powershell cmdlet to disable the feature in Q1-2023

Circus :octopus: