SOLVED

User Count in Teams Admin Center

Copper Contributor

Hi Team!

I was doing some routine maintenance in my org's Teams Admin Center and noticed some strange behaviour in the 'Manage Teams' menu. In our org we have around 50 or so internal users so was alarmed it is showing at 130! I'm also pretty sure that we don't have that many guest users in our org either. It seems to not be distinctly counting the users overall but summing the members of each team. We have users that will be part of multiple teams. Is this the intended behaviour as it is a little misleading?
EefwLsEWsAURCGe.png

Thanks,

Joe

5 Replies

@johubbthis will show only those users who have Teams license assigned to them so this is why we got Total Users, Internal Users, and Guests.

I am not sure why you are seeing more while you got around 50 users checking your AD accounts or exchange accounts may give you some count...

Hi @johubb

To follow up from Pervaiz, are you currently syncing users from local AD using Azure AD Connect? I would also recommend checking Azure AD to tally up the total users and guests with or without Teams licences

Let us know how you get on

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard @PDostiyar 

I've got the exact number from our admin center, we have 66 people with licenses that are internal users and have assigned 1 to a guest user from our tenant. 63 of the above are licensed with O365 E3, 3 with Teams Exploratory and 1 with Commercial Cloud.

We sync to on-premises AD using AAD. I count 137 internal users, this encompasses shared mailboxes, resources, mail users, domain users and AAD service accounts. The guest user count is correct. I'm surprised that this user count doesn't filter for only users with Teams licenses

best response confirmed by johubb (Copper Contributor)
Solution
In this case, sounds like this is recognising all users synced from AAD Connect probably minus the service accounts. It's bizarre, I'll raise a uservoice for it tonight pointing at this thread.

Glad we got there - but definitely one for improvement

Hope that has answered your question!

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

Thanks for jumping in and providing valuable solutions as always....

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by johubb (Copper Contributor)
Solution
In this case, sounds like this is recognising all users synced from AAD Connect probably minus the service accounts. It's bizarre, I'll raise a uservoice for it tonight pointing at this thread.

Glad we got there - but definitely one for improvement

Hope that has answered your question!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post