SOLVED

Use Teams licenses to control access to Microsoft Teams

Iron Contributor

In regards to MC226038, I'm sure I know the answer, but the description is making me ask...

Here is the update.

We're making some changes to how you enable Microsoft Teams for individual users within your tenant. We're removing the Microsoft Teams enablement setting from within the Microsoft 365 admin center and will rely solely on Microsoft Teams license allocation to decide if a user has access to Microsoft Teams.

Key points:

• Timing: Beginning December 03, 2020
  • Control: License allocation
  • Action: Review and assess
How this will affect your organization:

If a user within your tenant is given an active Microsoft Teams license, they will have access to Microsoft Teams. No additional access checks will be made.

Certainly the 'no additional access check will be made' won't apply to Conditional Access Policies, right?  If i am blocking users with CA policies, they will still be stopped from using Teams even if they are licensed?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Christopher Neuendorf (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi, you are entirely correct yes. This does not refer to Conditional Access Policies. This is purely in relation to valid licensing.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Neuendorf (Iron Contributor)
Solution
Hi, you are entirely correct yes. This does not refer to Conditional Access Policies. This is purely in relation to valid licensing.

View solution in original post