Use Teams app on my Mac

Copper Contributor

I have MS Teams app installed on my system. Everytime I launch the Teams app the Teams web automatically opens, and it will open a window every 1 second until I catch the red cross to close the window. It is like if the web takes the lead to the app.

I have desinstalled/throw the bin and reinstall many times the Teams app and the Microsoft pack, check with the Applecare service everything is alright, and spent an hour and a half chating with the MS Teams support, but the problem persists.

Can you help me? I just want to use the Teams app on my Mac.

3 Replies

@Virginie_M78Hi!

When your web Teams application is launched, do you see the option to install the desktop application? As below:

akozhin_0-1652265520837.png

What browser do you use (in which browser the Teams app is running)?

Are you sure you don't confuse the web application with the "native"? Here's how the icons can look for "native" and web applications:

akozhin_1-1652265669436.png

@Virginie_M78 

Hello !

Thank you for your answer.
I use Chrome and the web Teams is launched on Chrome, as below:

Capture d’écran 2022-05-12 à 11.19.27.png

When I click on the first proposition the problem described occurs : it will open a window every 1 second until I catch the red cross to close the window.

When I click on the second proposition I can use the web Teams.

When I click on the third proposition it will open a blank window : nothing on it.

What do you mean by "Are you sure you don't confuse the web application with the "native"? " What is the "native" ?

Thanks in advance for your answer. 

Regards,

Virginie

@Virginie_M78Sorry for a late reply... What OS version do you use? Is it M1 laptop or Intel?

I have used MS Teams on my mac every day for last 4 years and never come across such a problem... Would you mind erasing cache files for MS Teams and try reinstalling it again?

You can do this by deleting the app from the Application folder and also deleting the following folders/files:

• /Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams
  • /Users/<UserName>/Library/Caches/com.microsoft.teams
  • /Users/<UserName>/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.teams.plist
  • /Users/<UserName>/Library/HTTPStorages/com.microsoft.teams
  • /Users/<UserName>/Library/HTTPStorages/com.microsoft.teams.binarycookies

After that try to restart yur laptop, download and reinstall MS Teams.