SOLVED

Upload a Plan from Planner App to Teams

Copper Contributor

I just want to upload a plan that I created in my planner app to a Team that I own in the Teams app. Why can't I do this? It is not always practical to create the Plans directly in Teams first. Microsoft please fix, this completely defeats the purpose of integration of all the apps. I might as well use a third party app that has way more features than planner. The ONLY reason to use Planner instead of Asana or ClickUp or one of many project management appls is that it SHOULD integrate seamlessly. 

If anyone knows a practical way for a non-techy person to get around this please help. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hi @cmartos

Whilst you can create a plan and add it to an Office 365 Group which the Team is a part of in tasks.microsoft.com, or copy a plan to a new Office 365 group, you can't currently copy a plan from one office 365 group into another - that's a limitation

There is a uservoice for it here so would recommend voting to push it up the agenda

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/37078834-co...

This is something a lot would like to see. You could always export the plan to excel, add another plan which is linked to the Office 365 group your Team is attached to and manually copy in - that would work. However that does take time and is manual. Sorry, the functionality you are looking for isn't quite there yet

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hi @cmartos

Whilst you can create a plan and add it to an Office 365 Group which the Team is a part of in tasks.microsoft.com, or copy a plan to a new Office 365 group, you can't currently copy a plan from one office 365 group into another - that's a limitation

There is a uservoice for it here so would recommend voting to push it up the agenda

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/37078834-co...

This is something a lot would like to see. You could always export the plan to excel, add another plan which is linked to the Office 365 group your Team is attached to and manually copy in - that would work. However that does take time and is manual. Sorry, the functionality you are looking for isn't quite there yet

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post