SOLVED

Updating Microsoft Teams Rooms manually

Brass Contributor

Hello,

For the first time I am trying to update our Microsoft Teams Rooms VC units, and I am using the deployment package MSI. We have the Windows Store disabled in our organization.

I am using the PowerShell command that was included on a Microsoft support webpage, but it doesn't seem to work. 

Add-AppxPackage -Update -ForceApplicationShutdown -Path "$PSScriptRoot\*.appx" -DependencyPath (Get-ChildItem "$PSScriptRoot\Dependencies\x64\*.appx" | Foreach-Object {$_.FullName})

I get the following error:

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D19, An error occurred because a user was logged off.
Windows cannot update package Microsoft.SkypeRoomSystem_4.0.85.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the previous version is
not installed. Install package Microsoft.SkypeRoomSystem_4.0.85.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe instead of updating it.
NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 49d95327-2d18-0000-c4f3-d949182dd501 in the Event Log or use
the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 49d95327-2d18-0000-c4f3-d949182dd501

But if I remove the -update parameter, then it works fine. But I still see the old and new version installed under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ so I am guessing that isn't right.

Can anyone provide some guidance to what might be wrong?

Thank you!

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Richard Eklund (Brass Contributor)
Solution

aaaaaaand if you wait long enough, the old version disappears. Is it that simple?

Exactly what I've been thru, unresolved.
Recovery Tool didn't help, now I login to admin I can launch the old version, and when auto sign in to Skype, it launches the v4.4.41.... neat?!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Richard Eklund (Brass Contributor)
Solution

aaaaaaand if you wait long enough, the old version disappears. Is it that simple?

View solution in original post