Updates App: JSON for attachment file (related to MS Forms)

Copper Contributor

Hi @Zohawtof , @Melinda_Hu or any other MS Teams member,

I'm having another issue with the Updates app in MS Teams: I cannot find the JSON schema of the attached file I added to my Updates form. Do you know where we can find it?
I'm using the Power Automates flow template "Approve a Microsoft Forms response to add a row to an Excel spreadsheet" to add an automatic Approval request and email notification to my Updates form. And I'd like to add a link to my attachment file in the Updates form directly into my Approval request and in the email.

So I'm trying to follow the tutorial from Microsoft Learn called Use a JSON schema to find the uploaded file to get the JSON schema of the attached file in MS Forms, since an Updates app form is actually an MS Forms form. But the issue is that MS Forms doesn't recognize the attachment button from the Updates app, so no attachment button appears in the MS Forms form, which means no JSON schema is generated.

Can you help solve this issue by synchronizing the attachment file button in the Updates app with MS Forms? 

This should also help generate in the MS Automates app the necessary dynamic content for the attached item from MS Forms and make our work much easier.
Unless you have a solution directly within MS Automates for this file attachment issue with the Updates app?

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

0 Replies