Unread messages Tab in Teams similar to Outlook

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Is there a way that we can see the unread messages for a chat with a single click to know all the unread messages instead of scrollin down tp check which message is not read. This feature is available in most of the Mail boxes as "All" and "Unread".

Thanks,

Vinesh

11 Replies

@VK018508  Yes there is an option for this at the top of your Chat section in MS Teams you will see the filter icon (Ctrl + Shift + F) click on that, which will bring you ... Click on that again and select the unread message option you will see all the unread ones only.

@VK018508 I, too, wish there was an easier way to visually see unread notifications. 

For the Microsoft team, When there are multiple unread messages, most of them go missed since the Activity feed shows everything and there's no ability to keep the unread filter on after navigating away from the Activity panel.

I would love to see a way to keep the unread filter active OR keep the red dot on the Chat and Teams panel icons until those messages are clicked on, whether it be within the Activity panel or the native channels. Many of my coworkers do not see notifications, most specifically from the Teams section. Because of this, we do not utilize the Teams section and only really use the Chat section. Something about the UX is just not making notifications easy to find.

@VK018508 

Is there a way to make the activity feed always show unread messages only?  It seems that right now it only lasts until you click on something else and you have to reset the filter every time you look at your activity feed.  If I always have to sift through what I have already responded to things get lost easily.

@PDostiyar 

Thank you very much.  Your Ctrl+Shift+F just save my day.  :) 

you saved my life

@dianaterry 

I agree.  Since more and more companies are using teams, it would be nice if this tool were taken from a simple child's toy, get some adult developers on it, and build something for business to use to manage chats.  If I have 300 chats, I need to see them in one simple order, always, or a have a way to configure the ordering.  The order would be:

1. New Only

2. Nothing I've already seen

3. Only show details when I have actively selected a chat.

Please get some adults to work on this tool to make it less child-like.  Adults need to organize data, thoughts, and prioritize.   

@dianaterry 

I agree.  Since more and more companies are using teams, it would be nice if this tool were taken from a simple child's toy, get some adult developers on it, and build something for business to use to manage chats.  If I have 300 chats, I need to see them in one simple order, always, or a have a way to configure the ordering.  The order would be:

1. New Only

2. Nothing I've already seen

3. Only show details when I have actively selected a chat.

Please get some adults to work on this tool to make it less child-like.  Adults need to organize data, thoughts, and prioritize.   
you are welcome
I am glad and happy was able to provide a tip there on TEAMS.
Three years later, and there is still no sane way to organize unread messages. Here is another related thread which has a request like yours - a persistent filter to show only unread messages.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-make-your-teams-activity-and...

It is quite ridiculous that this is not simple to do on a portable device. I have multiple notifications in two separate accounts - all I want to do is read the unread messages and keep up to date. Surely that is the entire point of this product yet it conspicuously fails to deliver. I have a badge saying I have 27 messages but can’t simply just look at those (and their immediate context). So I have to aimlessly scroll through dozens if not hundreds of messages to see what little gem someone has added - probably some trite emoji - what a complete waste of time.