SOLVED

Understand Teams user activity report

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to understand well the figures of the User Activity report. I'm following this article

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-analytics-and-reports/user-activity-report#int...

It says 

• Total meetings is the total number of scheduled and ad hoc meetings a user participated in during the specified time period.
  • Meetings organized is the number of scheduled and ad hoc meetings a user organized during the specified time period.
  • Meetings organized scheduled is the number of scheduled meetings a user organized during the specified time period.
  • Meetings organized adhoc is the number of ad hoc meetings a user organized during the specified time period.
  • Meetings participated is the number of the scheduled and the ad hoc meetings a user participated in during the specified time period.
  • Meetings participated scheduled is the number of the scheduled meetings a user participated in during the specified time period.
  • Meetings participated adhoc is the number of ad hoc meetings a user participated in during the specified time period.

So I expect that Meetings organized is meetings organized scheduled + meetings organized adhoc, and the same for participated. 

This is the report I get. Can anyone help me to understand?

Thanks!

Total

Meetings

Meetings

Organized

Meetings

OrganizedScheduled

Meetings

OrganizedAdhoc

Meetings

Participated

Meetings

ParticipatedScheduled

Meetings

ParticipatedAdhoc

7 Replies

@CebriWK 

Hi there, please can you advise what you are struggling to understand here?  Do you want to add more columns to the report results?  This is possible as shown below.

Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 16.18.57.png

@PeterRising 

Hi,

thanks for your reply Peter. What I'm trying to understand is the meaning of the columns. As an example:

• Meetings organized is the number of scheduled and ad hoc meetings a user organized during the specified time period.
  • Meetings organized scheduled is the number of scheduled meetings a user organized during the specified time period.
  • Meetings organized adhoc is the number of ad hoc meetings a user organized during the specified time period.

But the figures I get on the report are (first row):

Meetings organized = 3

Meetings organized scheduled = 3

Meetings organized adhoc = 1

What I expect is "Meetings organized" = 4. (3+1)

What am I missing? Sorry but I'm getting crazy trying to understand the figures.

Regards

@CebriWK 

Oh I see what you are getting at.  The only columns which consistently seem to add up are "Meetings Particpated" and "Adhoc Meetings Participated" which always make up the number in "Total meetings".

The rest of the columns I must admit i'm not certain how to interpret. I'll see if I can find out more for you.

@PeterRising 

Hi,

Finally, we have opened a Microsoft support case. They are going to check if there is any problem in the backend. 

I'll update this post once I receive more information.

Regards

@CebriWK 

Was Microsoft able to provide an answer?

I am facing the same challenge with the Teams User Activity report.

best response confirmed by PeterRising (MVP)
Solution

HI@jvolley19 ,

yes, this is the answer:

MS has identified this to be a known bug. Bug fix is expected to be rolled out in the 1st week of February 2021 which will Update definitions and documentation for  meeting metrics in user activity report  to reflect correct definition of metrics presented in each report.

so we have to wait a bit more...

Regards

@CebriWK - Thank you for this update! 

I used to report weekly PSTN meetings held by our users on Skype but I can't seem to find a similar number in the Teams reports... it's unclear to me if "Meetings organized" means meetings organized during that week (for any time in the future) or scheduled meetings that actually took place during that week.  I need the latter to provide Teams user stats to leadership to show the adoption now that we've officially moved off of S4B and am hopeful this  February update provides that clarity.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PeterRising (MVP)
Solution

HI@jvolley19 ,

yes, this is the answer:

MS has identified this to be a known bug. Bug fix is expected to be rolled out in the 1st week of February 2021 which will Update definitions and documentation for  meeting metrics in user activity report  to reflect correct definition of metrics presented in each report.

so we have to wait a bit more...

Regards

View solution in original post