Unable to use Screen Share on Teams when working from home

Copper Contributor

Hello

I just started a new job and we use Teams for training. I need to be able to share my screen during training. When I work in the office I have no problems with screen sharing. When I try to work from home though my screen sharing does not work. It looks fine on my end but the other person always says all they see is a blank screen or a frozen screen. I connect to internet using a VPN at home. I have tried using all of the available VPNs my company has. I have tried rebooting my computer and restarting my router. I have contacted tech support for the company and they say on their end it looks like everything is connected properly as far as internet goes.  And they're able to see my screen when they use the tech support tool. its just Teams I have this problem with.  Short of calling my internet provider for faster upload speeds, is there anything else i can try first?

2 Replies
Teams uses ports 50,040–50,059 for screen sharing, I suppose they might be blocked in your case. Check the local firewall config, router, etc. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/qos-in-teams#choose-initial-port-ranges-for-each-med...
As a quick test you might try using the browser client, afaik it will default to standard HTTPS port for screen sharing too.

@Vasil Michev i did actually ask my tech support about that and he said if it was a firewall that he wouldn't have been able to remote into my computer. but i can check my personal internet firewall at home