Unable to upload recording on Microsoft Stream

Copper Contributor

Hi,

One of my co teachers has recorded her lesson in Microsoft Teams. Out of the blue, she noticed this prompt (see picture below) from MS Teams. And when she visited the Stream, the video is not uploaded. I advised her to download the video, then upload it to Microsoft Stream, which worked.

In our organization, selected teachers are experiencing this kind of issue. I couldn't comprehend whether it is a user issue or it needs admin permission to upload automatically recorded videos in Microsoft Teams.

They really want that future of automatically uploading the recordings in Microsoft Stream because it saves them time and space. 

What should be the workaround for this kind of situation? Thanks!

3 Replies

@Emman_Caliwag  i can think of two possible reasons:

- the user does not have the MS Stream app enabled ( licensed)  --> an admin can verify this on the user level in the admin portal  (so, teams AND stream app needs to be enabled/licensed)

- the STREAM admin need to check if the setting "Allow everyone in your company to view this video " is not disabled (stream admin portal)

hth

stefan

@Emman_Caliwag Hello, this is expected behavior for users with a Microsoft 365 Education A1 subscription. Please note that it's a temporary change while they are working on Stream infrastructure improvements.

You can read about it in detail here https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/changes-to-teams-meeting-recordings-for-edu-a...

@ChristianBergstromThe article you sent me is very helpful. thanks!