SOLVED

Unable to upload custom app for organization with teams service admin roles

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I'm unable to upload a custom app for the whole organization with just teams service admin roles. The option for "Upload to <Org Name>" does not appear at all. 

The option comes back only when global admin has been assigned to the account.

According to this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/MicrosoftTeams/tenant-apps-catalog-teams, teams service admin roles should have the privilege to upload custom apps for the entire organization. 

Anyone care to share some insights on how to get pass this?

Many thanks!

3 Replies

Hi @madspacer 

I just tested this on a GA tenant and can't reproduce. See Screenshots

Would recommend

- Removing all roles and readding the role

- Switching the role to Global Admin and back to Teams Admin

- Force apply Teams admin role with Powershell (https://www.ntweekly.com/2018/05/01/assign-office-365-admin-roles-using-powershell/

Let me know how it goes. Hope this answers your question.

Best, Chris

TAdm3.PNG

TAdm2.PNG

TAdm1.PNG

Hi @Christopher Hoard,

Thanks for the suggestion. It was indeed caused by having multiple admin roles. The problem was solved by having only the team admin role being assigned to the user.

Is this the intended behaviour? If so this should be reflected in the documentation.

Many thanks,

Leo

best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hi @madspacer

Thanks! Glad to know my suggestion worked! Please set a best response on the post so other members of the community can benefit!

In terms of the documentation? You can edit docs.com articles! All you need to do is sign in and select edit at the top. Or if you don't want to do that select Feedback and it'll go through to the current authors.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hi @madspacer

Thanks! Glad to know my suggestion worked! Please set a best response on the post so other members of the community can benefit!

In terms of the documentation? You can edit docs.com articles! All you need to do is sign in and select edit at the top. Or if you don't want to do that select Feedback and it'll go through to the current authors.

Hope that answers your question!

Best, Chris

View solution in original post