Unable to text and call skype user from Teams

Copper Contributor

External user had been turn on and able to search the skype user and the skype user accept the invitation. However, when sending text an error (We ran into a problem sending this message. Try again later.) occurred and unable to call them as the error is Response code: 504 (from call history).

8 Replies

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

Hi Henry,

Yes. We allow external access and guest access. The skype user receive the invitation and click accept, however, MS teams still unable to send text or call the skype user.

FYI, we just sign up and like to ensure Teams is able to text/call/video call with skype user.

Is this a Skype for Business user or Skype Consumer?

Thanks

Henry
Testing with Skype Consumer now.

Hi @hes_jk ,

So you have someone added in the Chat area of Teams like the following:

henryarphillips365_0-1599653054926.png

But you are then able to utilise the Video or Voice Calls to the right or even chat?

So with the above in place I was able to make a call and chat. However when trying a different user I did have some conflict issues as although it was a Skype account, it was also a Teams account. So that might be worth watching out for but in that case it should just allow you to do it via Teams.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

As shown below, The Skype had accepted the invitation and will appear on the MS Team Chat, but unable to send text or use the video and call to this skype user. 

hes_jk_0-1599706603379.png

Hi @hes_jk ,

Not sure then, it certainly should be possible in theory but I am sure you know that.

The only other things I can point out, is that it is in preview as per the below and also in the below if not done so already might be worth going over it once more to see if anything resonates with your situation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/manage-external-access?WT.mc_id=TeamsAdminCenterCSH

Thanks

Henry

Hi Henry,

Thanks. Had run through the setting as per the URL. Just hope it will be resolved soon. Will continue to use Teams to communicate with Team user and skype with skype user.

Thanks,