SOLVED

Unable to switch directories in Teams

Copper Contributor

We have invited a user from a different tenant to a team in our own tenant. He is unable to switch to our directory. When i send him the direct link tot the team he can see the team in our organization and also sees the option to switch directories in the top right corner. The moment he switches back to his own directory, this options disappears and thus he is no longer able to see the shared team. I've never encountered this before and find it very strange. Can anyone look into this?

Thanks in advance;)

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
I think this is a bug! I’ve seen this before and it doesn’t make sense since usually this process is messed up due to accepting the invite with wrong accounts etc!

Did this user previously signed up for teams free or anything using the same email, before their organisation started using Teams?

Also try deleting the guest account in AZure AD and reinvite! Make sure the invite is accepted with the correcg email address!

Adam

@adam deltinger first of all, thanks for the reply!

"Did this user previously signed up for teams free or anything using the same email, before their organisation started using Teams?" 

Exactly this is the case. Already thought about this being the cause of the issue.

I've already deleted the guest user from our AD, reinvited etc. Nothing fixes the issue. Is it true that when our guest accepted our initial invite (before our guest started using Teams in his own organization) microsoft creates a tenant for his domain? They have two domains in their tenant now they started using Teams themselves: domain.com and domaincom182.onmicrosoft.com. Might this be the cause of the problem? above water the accountname appears to be user@domain.com but is it possible that under water this still remains user@domaincom182.onmicrosoft.com?

@Jack_Luijten 

The two domains you have sound ok. nothing's wrong here. 

just to make sure, my issue still isn't solved @ThereseSolimeno
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
I think this is a bug! I’ve seen this before and it doesn’t make sense since usually this process is messed up due to accepting the invite with wrong accounts etc!

Did this user previously signed up for teams free or anything using the same email, before their organisation started using Teams?

Also try deleting the guest account in AZure AD and reinvite! Make sure the invite is accepted with the correcg email address!

Adam

View solution in original post