SOLVED

Unable to signup, "Someone has already set up Teams for your organization"

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Before proposing microsoft team for my team, I wanted to try it. So I went to https://teams.microsoft.com/ , logged in with my personal email(a gsuite domain that I manage).

But I get this : 

Someone has already set up Teams for your organization

Ask your admin to get you started with Teams, or set up another org in Teams using a different email address.

There is just noway than anybody else than me did this, other users of this domains are very fews, and have 60+ years, so no ways they did setup an account.

So either I did setup one once, either I don't know. How do I regain access? There is no link or nothing to know what is the account setup or anything. I signed out several times to make sure I connect with my personal email.

Thanks!

5 Replies

@jgrossrieder 

Absolutely the same problem with me. So far no luck with finding what is going on. 

AFAIK you need to contact Microsoft here and ask them to remove the tenant..if it’s your domain you can also prove you are the owner of it

Adam

@adam deltinger the bot redirected me to some link to discuss this with an agent. But when I follow, I get:

You don’t have permission to access this page or perform this action.

Awesome. No permission to contact support

Hard to say what’s wrong here, but use other channels to reach support instead

Adam
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@jgrossrieder I've never had to deal with this issue myself so I can't say for sure whether this will work, but here are instructions from docs.microsoft.com to perform an internal admin takeover of an unmanaged tenant. Worth a try.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@jgrossrieder I've never had to deal with this issue myself so I can't say for sure whether this will work, but here are instructions from docs.microsoft.com to perform an internal admin takeover of an unmanaged tenant. Worth a try.

View solution in original post