unable to sign up for Teams Free

Copper Contributor

I went to Microsoft's site to sign up for Teams Free at this address:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/microsoft-365/microsoft-teams/free?ms.officeurl=teamsfree&rtc=1

I clicked on the "Sign up for free" button.  Then I entered my personal Microsoft account email address (microsoft@gaudrault.net) and password.  But this gives me an error rather than signing me up:

"microsoft@gaudrault.net hasn't been added to your organization's directory. Contact your admin or try a different email."

What organization?  What admin?  This is my own personal Microsoft account.  Any ideas what might be causing this?  Thanks.
2 Replies

Hi@ThereseSolimeno 

The first of the two links you provided works around the issue by using a different email address, which is avoiding the problem rather than addressing.  I'd really rather avoid using a separate Microsoft address or account.

The second link was mildly frustrating as the poster indicates that MS was going to send him information "to do an admin takeover of the tenant", which as I understand would let me remove the record preventing me from using my email address with Teams Free.  But he doesn't post the instructions and whether it helped him resolve the problem, grrrr.

Can anyone help me figure out how to "take over the tenant" so I can see if this helps me to address the problem?