Unable to sign-in with Microsoft Account associated to Office 365 after having been able to sign-up

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a Microsoft Account (which has an Office 365 Home subscription) that I have used to sign-up to the free Microsoft Teams, I was able to create a team and invite members using the web site. But after downloading the desktop app, and trying to sign-in, I no longer can do it, either with the desktop app or the web site. So, I am locked-out of the team that I created!

After hours of troubleshooting, I have found this article:

"I have an Office 365 subscription. Why can’t I access Microsoft Teams?

If you have a personal Office 365 subscription, you won't be able to access Microsoft Teams...."

Source: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in-to-microsoft-teams-a02f6...

This is quite infuriating because:

- I was able to sign-up with a Microsoft Account with an Office 365 Home subscription.

- If that is not allowed, I should have been warned when trying to sign-up.

- Furthers attempts to sign-in don't show an error such as "You can't sign-in to Microsoft Teams because you have an Office 365 Subscription", that would have saved me hours today.

Overall, this is a horrible user experience and I will have to go back to Slack.

1 Reply

@carlosq I have the same problem, and I agree the User Experience really sucks - great job MS!!! However, Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge web browsers support Teams as standard (use Chrome on Mac; Edge on Windows), so instead of using the desktop App, I simply copy and paste a Teams meeting link into the browser window and join the meeting that way. It is far from ideal, but at least you can join a Teams meeting this way. Hope this helps... :)