Unable to sign in either via browser or via the windows app

Copper Contributor

Background
I am a guest collaborator to multiple domains.  My firm is a small firm that uses Google internally but we often collaborate with larger firms or clients whose organizations use teams and have invited us to join their teams projects.  I personally created my Microsoft user account, originally to access SharePoint resources and now to access Teams resources.

The Problem

1. I go to sign in (making sure to select that this is a personal account) and I type in my email address and password.
  2. It tells me the password is wrong (I know it isn't) so I opt to change the password.
  3. I successfully change the password after receiving a verification code in my email.
  4. It prompts me to sign in again using my new password.
  5. It tells me the password is wrong (I know it isn't, I just changed it) so I opt to change the password, again.
  6. And so on and so forth in a loop.

This exact scenario occurs both in browser and in the windows desktop app.

After an hour of this eventually the desktop app finally let me in but I don't know why.

Frustrated and Confused

Why would there ever be a condition where Microsoft would create for me two separate accounts using the exact same email address (and make it impossible to tell which is which) (screenshot below)?

planner15206_0-1611803259999.png

Google isn't great either but at least my collaborators and I can sign in.

1 Reply
I suggest renaming your personal account to prevent this! There’s a link within below link:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-client-quot-loading-microsoft-teams-quo...

Adam