SOLVED

Unable to schedule weekly recurring meeting series

Copper Contributor

Please share how I can schedule a weekly meeting series in MS Teams. It isn't providing any option to add a series. Thanks.

7 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi @nareshtanwani

When you schedule a meeting in Teams calendar, the box below the date and time should be the recurrence box. It says 'Does not repeat' in there by default. Use the drop down options to set the recurrence. Alternatively, you can schedule it in Outlook

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

@Christopher Hoard 

That helps, thanks. But, how can I schedule a recurring meeting without having to add the same people for each meeting? I am using Teams with my college class, and since we're all online, I need to offer daily tutorials at a specific time. Can I do this without having to invite the entire class for each meeting (this is in the neighborhood of approx. 20 meetings)? I'd like for the students to be able to join whenever they want and not have to ask to join. I hope this explains my question clearly enough, thanks!

Hi @masonc632000   If I understand your need, you could schedule your meeting in a channel so it would be open to anyone in that channel.   That way you don't have to know email addresses.

@ThereseSolimeno 

I'll give that a try, thanks!

@ThereseSolimeno 

I created a Channel, but it looks like it is only for chat. Does the channel use video (which is what I need), or is it just a message/chat function?

Thanks.

Hi @masonc632000   You should be able to schedule a meeting there just like you would from Outlook or the calendar.  When you look in the upper right corner, do you see an option for "meet?"  If you click on the drop-down arrow, you'll see the option to schedule a meeting.  Add the details (what date, time, title, etc) and "send." When you do, all members of the channel will be able to join the meeting. 

Now, it doesn't send individual invitations unless you add required attendees just like an Outlook meeting request (and you can certainly do that if there are individuals you want to be sure see the invitation), but you can tell channel members to keep an eye on the meeting calendar that will show up in the channel.

Do a Bing search and you'll find tons of videos and articles on how to schedule a meeting in a Teams channel.  Hope this helps.

Very confusing how to schedule a recurring meeting. Yes, I also blame myself a little bit :)

I found this article helpful. It shows where I went wrong (exactly) by defining a meeting end date 5 months later. Well, that's going to be a very long meeting :)

https://www.itexperience.net/fix-unable-to-schedule-event-in-teams/

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi @nareshtanwani

When you schedule a meeting in Teams calendar, the box below the date and time should be the recurrence box. It says 'Does not repeat' in there by default. Use the drop down options to set the recurrence. Alternatively, you can schedule it in Outlook

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post