Unable to run a Microsoft Teams Live Event

MVP

Hi All,

As an Office 365 admin, I am unable to make Microsoft Teams Live Event option work. 

The issue is that 'Public' option is disabled. 

Teams.PNG

I am the Office 365 admin and have Office 365 E3, Stream and Teams licenses yet I am unable to host live event. 

Is there anything I need to enable or disable?

Thank you for your support.

10 Replies

Thanks for replying, @Brad Groux 

As mentioned in the doc, I have the following licenses assigned:

• An Office 365 Enterprise E3
  • A Microsoft Teams license
  • A Microsoft Stream license

I have made the required policy changes from Teams Admin Center however not sure if there is anything as mentioned in step 4 of the article at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/teams-live-events/set-up-for-teams-live-events#creat...

As per step 4, do I need to buy any additional license to make live event work for public?

Thanks.

@Pradeep Kandel 

3rd party video distribution is optional. If not used, Microsoft Stream is the video distribution platform. 

Hi @Pradeep Kandel - just to confirm, in your Teams Admin Center > Meetings > Live events policies > Who can join scheduled live events, it's set to Everyone ? See attached.

If it's just been changed, it can take several hours for Teams to honor the setting.

Hi @Brad Groux

This is my current setting however I still see 'public' disabled when scheduling a new live event.

Teams3.PNGTeams4.PNG 

Hi @Kelly_Edinger 

Yes, it is set to 'Everyone', still no luck so far.

TTT.PNG

Hi @Pradeep Kandel - you may want to try Powershell to get there: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-live-events/set-teams-live-events-policies-usi...

Set-CsTeamsMeetingBroadcastPolicy -Identity Global -BroadcastAttendeeVisibility Everyone

Good luck!

I concur with @Kelly_Edinger on using PowerShell to get/set this setting. I had the same issue just this past week. Even though my settings were correct just as yours appear to be running that PS command did the trick. This was after waiting several hours as well. 

Good luck and let us know what works for you!

also having similiar probelm after upgrade  to office365.attached the error.Hoping somebody can guide.Tqvm

Well, for an update, I was able to get it working from Teams Admin Center. It just took me a few days after I updated the settings from Teams Admin Center.

All of your feedback really helped me to settled this down.

Thanks all of you.

Cheers.