Unable to remove folder located a Teams channel

Copper Contributor

I have an issue with 3 (empty) folders in a teams channel, I'd like to delete but until now I haven't found a way to do so. 

Here is what I tried so far:

1. Delete the folders via Teams client. (No delete button available)
  2. Remove them (as a site administrator) directly in the connected SharePoint site. (Also there no option to delete them)
  3. Use the PnP module in PowerShell. (Moving or deleting with Move-PnPFolder and Remove-PnPFolder shows the following error message: DanielK00_1-1653383651779.png

So basically only these 3 folders are affected all other folders in the Channel can be delete with any of the 3 methods I tried. Does anybody have an idea what the issue might be? It seams like these folders are treated like channel folders (which show the same behaviour). But again these folders are located in a channel so this would mean there must be sub-channels which are not supported yet.

3 Replies
Do retention labels also effect empty folders?
Probably as you can apply a default retention label to a folder. In this scenario, documents in that location can inherit your selected default retention label.

I don't know anything about your environment, so you better ask the one responsible for that or perhaps reach out to the official Microsoft support with a ticket.