Unable to remove a Team

Copper Contributor

Hi Community,

I made a mess and I (definitively) deleted a O365 Group and a SharePoint Site associated with a Team and now I'm not able to delete the Team.

I tried with PowerShell but using "Remove-Team -GroupId GID" there is an error (Resource 'GID' does not exist or one of its queried reference-property objects are not present).

I see that in the Team there is no Owner and if I try to add a owner I receive the same error.

How can I remove a orphan Team in this situation?

Thank you.

3 Replies
How and when did You delete the Team? By deletinh the group the Team Also should be deleted but depending how You do it it can take some time to propagate

@adam deltingerI deleted the Group and the Site 2 days ago but the Team is still here. For this Team I see no owner and there is only one member that cannot leave the Team. I cannot add owner due to the reference-property error message. Maybe I have to wait some other days.

If it hasn’t gone away by now it might not. But then again in 30 days when it gets permanently deleted out of recycle bin it might.

Id probably go and just restore the deleted group. Then circle back around and try to delete the Team again.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/users-groups-roles/groups-restore-deleted