SOLVED

Unable to login even after reinstall

Copper Contributor

Teams desktop app crashed on me yesterday morning during a screenshare, since then I have been unable to login on my PC desktop app. I just get the splash screen that says 'loading microsoft teams' but it never progresses past that.

I can login on my mobile app, web, and a desktop app on another PC, so I feel this is a local issue.

I performed the below to trouble shoot -

Cleared cache, including emptying the suggested folders of files using the advice given here - 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_otherapps-mso_win10-msoversion_other/mic...

Signed out of all platforms

Flushed DNS

Reinstalled, including deleting any leftover files from the uninstall

Whitelisted domains

Deleted all cookies

Reset password

Nothing has worked.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by asansome80 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@asansome80 Hello, delete all content in %Appdata%\Microsoft\Teams and %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Teams

Then do a reinstall by forcing to another version than the one you have been using for reinstall Force Teams desktop client update - Microsoft Tech Community

This only for reference

Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams installation and update issues on Windows - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft...

@ChristianBergstrom 

Uninstalled again, removed the content in folders you gave me, downloaded from the URL you provided using an older version number.

Fixed - thank you :)

Great news!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by asansome80 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@asansome80 Hello, delete all content in %Appdata%\Microsoft\Teams and %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Teams

Then do a reinstall by forcing to another version than the one you have been using for reinstall Force Teams desktop client update - Microsoft Tech Community

This only for reference

Troubleshoot Microsoft Teams installation and update issues on Windows - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft...

View solution in original post