SOLVED

Unable to join meeting

Copper Contributor

I have been having a problem when trying to join a teams meetings via an Outlook invitation. MS Teams is already installed however I have been using it for my work meetings as well as college meetings. I am unsure if this is causing the issue but I find that when i try to open teams via this link to directly join the meeting nothing happens other than teams loads. A CMD prompt flashes up which I assume is the code to join the meeting but regardless of what I have done nothing is enabling me to join meetings in this way. I have attached a screen shot of the CMD prompt which appears.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated, I have contacted my work IT who have been unable to help.

Regards

George

GeorgeRobinson_0-1592904589094.png

edit: sorry the file will not attach hence it is in the body.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@GeorgeRobinson Hello! What happens when you try joining on another computer?

Anyway, instead of troubleshooting why it's happening I'm just going to suggest that you delete the Teams cache to start with. Delete all the content in the Teams folder at this location AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams 

If no success remove the Teams desktop app and do a re-install, and sign in, to get all settings and associations reloaded.

It could be related to your org. computer settings as well. As all org. setups differs it's difficult to say what's causing the behavior and what needs to be done to resolve it (without knowing).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@GeorgeRobinson Hello! What happens when you try joining on another computer?

Anyway, instead of troubleshooting why it's happening I'm just going to suggest that you delete the Teams cache to start with. Delete all the content in the Teams folder at this location AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams 

If no success remove the Teams desktop app and do a re-install, and sign in, to get all settings and associations reloaded.

It could be related to your org. computer settings as well. As all org. setups differs it's difficult to say what's causing the behavior and what needs to be done to resolve it (without knowing).

View solution in original post