Unable to join forwarded External Teams Meetings to MTR

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone

We have an issue whereby the MTR does not allow you to join any forwarded external Team meeting invites.   The resource mailbox will accept the invite however when you go to the meeting room the JOIN button is not there.

If the invite is sent directly from the external we will be able to join the meeting in the MTR.

We use Crestron Flex.   We have changed the settings in Proofpoint so that the URL is not overwritten, enabled the resources to accept/decline external meeting invites however we are still having the same issue.   

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

23 Replies
Just to confirm, removing the URL rewrite for the teams.microsoft.com domain resolved the issue for us. We can now forward Teams-based calendar invites from both internal and external organisers.

@jameshamilton I am using Mimecast and am experiencing the same issues when forwarding a MS Teams invite to a Meeting Teams Room device.

I have disabled URL rewrite on Mimecast in 2 places:

Administration > Services > URL Protection Bypass

Administration > Gateway > Polices > URL Protection Bypass

I can now see that the URL is no longer rewritten but this is still not working.

Join on the web URL is still being rewritten but I did not think that was important.

MS Teams Message Invite Rewrite Example 2.jpg

Also, when forwarding a Teams invite from a company user to the MTR do I still need to run the following PowerShell command?

Set-CalendarProcessing -Identity email address removed for privacy reasons -ProcessExternalMeetingMessages $True

@Chris Yue If it helps, this is the method I used, which works perfectly:

• Administration -> Gateway -> Policies
  • Definitions -> URL Protection
  • Managed URLs
  • Add New Managed URL, with the following settings

The PowerShell command is only needed if you want the calendar to be able to auto-accept, via the auto attendant service, invites from external senders and is nothing to do with the problem you're experiencing. It just somehow got mixed up into this thread.

@jameshamilton 

Thanks for the detailed response.

The Mimecast rule is all set up and I can that there is no rewrite when hovering over the Teams Invite link.

The issue for me is as follows where the organiser is external to the Company.

Scenario 1

Before accepting the meeting, the INBOX message invite is forwarded to the Meeting Teams Room (MTR).

The invite is accepted by the MTR and recognised as a Teams Meeting (Teams icon present).

Scenario 2

The INBOX message invite is accepted and an entry appears in the users calendar. The original message in the INBOX disappears.

The meeting invite is forwarded via the calendar entry, but the MTR does not accept the forward and no entry appears on the MTR as a result.

In your environment, do both scenarios work?