Unable to Join any Team

Copper Contributor

Hello Everybody, and sorry for bothering you with something that has probably already been asked.

I never used Teams until now, but I was told I would need it for working purposes, so I downloaded the program and tried to log in with my old University credentials, but as they were not working I decided to create a new account. I was given a join teams code for our next meeting and a brief explanation on how to join a team via code, however I cannot (for the sake of my life!) find a way to join in any team by any means, I even tried writing /join in the top bar but it doesn't work at all. I already checked my account and made sure I am not a guest, and tried following the Microsoft Support but to no avail. I am only given the chance to create a new Team, and I am going mad.  Can anyone help me? 

I attached here my view from the Teams desktop app with my current profile (the one I created) with red bars showing the create/join bar on the left and the lack of an actual Join button. 

BTW I've noticed I have the same problem from the mobile app as well so I included a second screenshot showing the same thing. 

1 Reply

@VincGarg 

Try signing out of the Teams app (top right, where you profile picture is), then sign-in using the credentials provided by the University. You need to be signed into the Universities Microsoft Teams environment and not your own (this will of been created when you created a new account).

If the credentials do not work you will need have this resolved by the University.

Once you sign-in with your University credentials, there will be an option to join a team via a code (see screenshot)signin.jpg