SOLVED

Unable to install Teams on iPhone 6

Copper Contributor

I am unable to download Teams from App Store because it says it requires iPhone OS X version 14.0 or up while I am unable to install this version on iPhone 6. My iPhone is up to date and it has OSX 12.5.5.

What am I supposed to do? Thanks

3 Replies
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution

@nickornotto 

See here

Hardware requirements for Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

Support is limited to the two most recent major versions of iOS. See here: iOS version history - Wikipedia. This would be OS 14/15. In this case you would need a new device with a modern OS. I myself just moved from IPhone 6 with OSX 12.x to an IPhone SE and am now currently on OSX 15.2.

Even if you could install it, it's not supported and wouldn't receive updates. You would probably have issues with other Microsoft apps such as Lists and Office. 

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

@nickornottoI am in exactly the same position. Microsoft need to get real. Please make Teams available on Iphones with OS from 12.0 onwards. I pay a fortune to use 365 and expect it to be available across all my devices, especially the most popular mobile OS.

Agreed!
Most of understand that it's not reasonable to buy a new device so often
My kid needs to use teams and cannot install on her phone, that's ridiculous. I'm not going to spend few hundred €
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution

@nickornotto 

See here

Hardware requirements for Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

Support is limited to the two most recent major versions of iOS. See here: iOS version history - Wikipedia. This would be OS 14/15. In this case you would need a new device with a modern OS. I myself just moved from IPhone 6 with OSX 12.x to an IPhone SE and am now currently on OSX 15.2.

Even if you could install it, it's not supported and wouldn't receive updates. You would probably have issues with other Microsoft apps such as Lists and Office. 

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post