SOLVED

Unable to hear audio when sharing a video in a Teams meeting

Highlighted
Deleted
Not applicable

We are trying to show a video about Teams from Ignite in a Teams meeting. Three attendees tried sharing their screen and playing the video, but no one could hear the sound. One of the attendees said it was his understanding that a video would need to be embedded in a PowerPoint document and played from PowerPoint, is that true?

65 Replies
Highlighted

Does anyone know if the ability to play audio through a Teams meeting will work with the Teams for Surface Hub app?  We have weekly Skype for Business staff meetings that include two Surface Hubs and that would be awesome if it worked through the Teams app on the Surface Hub.

Highlighted

@Erik Olsson 

Hi Erik;

My organisation did the migration from Skype for business to Teams yesterday.  I have one question. If MS was not ready for the migration why did they do it?

We have a weekly corporate meeting every Wednesday on Skype for business which had to be cancelled because the audio didn't work.  The Video worked fine, but audio was only one way.  We need to know is there an immediate fix for this?  If yes, where can we find it?, and if no, then what is our alternative solution until it is fixed?

Highlighted
When clicking the share screen button, the checkbox "Include system audio" is at the top left. Impossible to miss if you have it.
It's show as a checkbox "Include system audio" at your top left when you're choosing which screen/window to share.

Works perfectly for me! Please know that I'm on a internal Microsoft build not yet GA (General Availability).
Highlighted

Hello @Jeffrey Allen 

This from my version of Teams:

You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.13765 (64 bit). It was last updated on 24/05/2019.

My thanks, DaveJB

Highlighted
Thanks Dave! I don't have that version and when I check for updates, it says I have the latest so I'll wait for it to roll out.
Highlighted

Hi All..

I have version 1.2.00.8864 64bit. Stil I do not see the option. 

So i need some further assistance.

Thanks, Vincent.

Highlighted
I believe the version needs to be Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.13765 which is newer than the one you have. I have the same version as you and don't have it yet.
Highlighted
Thanks Jeffrey Allen. I understand now. Somewhat strange though, it says it upgraded 05-31-19. We have to wait for that upgrade I guess.
Highlighted

Hi @Erik Olsson i have Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.13765 and unfortunately i do not have the audio option available, do you have any idea when this feature will be available for people outside of the MS internal environment? 

Highlighted
Best Response confirmed by Erik Olsson (Microsoft)
Solution

Hey @darren73 and everyone else
FEATURE IS PLANNED TO START ROLLING OUT IN Q2 2019
feature share system audio in teams.PNG
You can all follow this link for any updates on dates:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=system%2Caudio

I'd just like to point out that I'm not part of any feature Dev team for Microsoft Teams. Just a friendly guy working with digitalization strategies at Microsoft. 

As a reference point: My internal Teams build today is: 1.2.00.15860 (64-bit).
It's not just about the build number. I'm on internal Microsoft-version.

Hold on and keep leveraging forums like this and Uservoice! The Dev teams are actively looking there. It's a real thing, works perfectly for me and I'm using it weekly.

Highlighted

@Jeffrey Allen in your case, it's likely that this feature becomes available in the regular teams app prior to the "Teams for Surface Hub" app. Then I'd just have someone join your Surface Hub meetings from a laptop and share their screen with sound. Video with sound will then play on all hubs and other devices. 

So theoretically, you are in the clear :)

Highlighted

@davejbI have that version but have no button or pop up giving an option to share system audio.  Does anyone know if there are some other settings hidden somewhere?

Highlighted

@Erik Olsson Thanks for the update on the new feature! Our employee training relies on Teams as a meeting-sharing platform so we can reach out out-of-town employees. The training is becoming more reliant on videos as training aids. Needless to say, we are looking forward to this new feature roll-out.

Highlighted

@Erik Olsson 

This is so frustrating. 

I expect this at the end of June based on the road map.  I told my clients that is when it would be delivered. 

I'm losing sales because people aren't happy that this feature isn't included in our version like it is on the internal Microsoft version.

Highlighted

The embedding of a video clip in a PPT is indeed a Skype thing. An embedded clip will not play audio over the TEAMS meeting. The person playing the video will hear it, but no one else, and the audio isn't captured in the recording either.

Highlighted

@Erik Olsson Does this feature apply to both Windows and Mac? (I can only see screenshots for windows)

Would be great to see it on the Mac to avoid using custom mixing software to route system audio through the mic channel.

Highlighted

@imbimp  Erik, all I can say is...TEAMS is a MS product. When have you ever seen a MS product work as well (or even "at all") in the Mac environment? I suppose some day....

Highlighted

We use the Logitech SmartDock with Teams and it would be wonderful if this option was available for HDMI presentations.

Highlighted

@Erik Olsson 

are people seeing this feature working yet? The roadmap item shows that it has progressed into Rollout status, but we're not seeing it working yet?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&filters=&searchterms=50692