SOLVED

Unable to Expand images

Copper Contributor

Myself and colleagues are encountering an issue when trying to expand an image (using Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.8663 (64 bit) app on a pc). Clicking on the image results in the background darkening and a small broken icon appearing. It seems to mostly apply to images that have been pasted. The issue eventually clears itself after a week or so but then returns. Is this a known issue? Is there any way to resolve this? 

Kerrie007_0-1588321013797.jpeg

6 Replies
Does it occur in the web app, or only on the desktop app?

@Rob Ellis Just tested and it works fine in the web version, and also works fine on my mobile (Android app) so looks like this is localised to the Desktop app 

best response confirmed by Kerrie007 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Try signing out of the desktop app, then sign back in again (rather than just quitting the app).

@Rob Ellis I can't believe it was as simple as that :D I have turned it off and restarted my machine multiple times but never actually 'signed out' of Teams. Thank you - problem solved. 

oh no, it has been more than a year, this issue still persists... i am still having same problem as of today... 24th July 2020...

@cwkhor my friend advised me to wait 3 seconds or more before clicking on the image thumbnail... this means any time the thumbnail is displayed via scrolling or switching chats or getting the image initially, you should count to 3 Mississippi before clicking on it. There is some race condition with no chance for recovery (click-to-zoom expects full image to already be loaded, but if it's not, it fails and doesn't try again). So you need to wait for pre-conditions to be satisfied before click-to-zoom will work. Funny how the code itself doesn't "know" about it's own state of affairs.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Kerrie007 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Try signing out of the desktop app, then sign back in again (rather than just quitting the app).

View solution in original post