Unable to create tags

Deleted
Not applicable

Hello,

I am the unable to create or manage tags for all the teams, same goes to every team owner in my organization. It shows "contact your admin to add a tag" in desktop app, and "tags aren't turned on for your org. contact your IT admin for info". But the tagging settings is confirmed turned on in admin center.

Anyone face similar issue? Please help.

7 Replies

@Deleted I'm afraid I haven't seen this before. Any difference if you disable it and then activate again? If the issue persist you maybe have to open a ticket with MS support.

we are experiencing the same issue across our tenant, and have been unable to identify a solution. will advise if we resolve prior to reaching out to MS.

We are having the same issue, across our tenant. It started about May 14th for us.

We have tried disabling Tags for 24 hours then re-enabling it. We have tried various combinations in Teams admin for tag settings, to no avail.

We filed a support ticket with MS and as at yet, they have also not found a cause.

I will update when they fix this and what the solution was.

I'm having the exact same issue with my organization.

I had already created four tags last month in a team.  Every owner can alter the tags, however, the ability to create new tags in any team anywhere seems to now be gone.  Even for the main system administrator.  I double checked all the settings in the teams admin center... Everything looks good and nothing has changed.

@Fellmeth Hey, if all the settings are verified and tags should be enabled but it doesn't work (if not a private channel), then you really should open a ticket with the official MS support to get assistance. Attaching a couple of links just for reference.

Manage tags in Microsoft Teams

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/manage-tags

Using tags in Teams

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/using-tags-in-teams-667bd56f-32b8-4118-9a0b-56807c96d91e?...

@ChristianBergstrom I actually did open a case with MS, their answer is that tenants in certain locations have all had the rollout of Tagging, rolled back in order to fix a different problem. They have not given an estimated date, apparently they said they sent out notification in the message centre, but the only one that I can find is an update to the Tags rollout original notification "MC195755, Stay Informed, Published date: Nov 14, 2019" to say it's extended to the end of June. Being that its now the end of June, and tagging is still not enabled, those tenants who are still not experiencing the ability to Create Tags should contact MS.

Here is the communication that I got from the MS tech who then, closed our case.

"

I am providing you a summary of key points of the case for your records:

Issue Description: Can not add Tags in Microsoft Teams even though its enabled in the Teams admin center

Issue Resolution:
  • We're making some temporary adjustments to non-essential application capabilities within our services to best support our recent increase in use and growth of our Microsoft 365 customers during these unprecedented times.
  • The behavior that you are experiencing in the inability for the creation of Tags in Teams is expected and has changed temporarily in the wake of current situation. 
  • Currently, users will not be able to create, edit, delete, and fetch tags in MS Teams.
  • Microsoft will revert back as soon as we can regarding any changes in this.
I am extremely sorry that these adjustments have impacted your productivity and processes. We highly appreciate your patience and understanding during this time."

@Ladymcse To provide an update on the original post.  We contacted MS, and they had to redeploy a number of patches that did not make it to our tenant.  Since then we have been utilizing tags without issue.