Unable to connect via Windows 10 App - "We ran into a problem. Reconnecting..."

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have a user who is unable to connect to Teams via the Windows 10 Desktop program.

The user has been having this issue for the past 6+ months.

User was connected to wifi, with a VPN & a DNS security service as well.

What I have done:

1. Disconnected from the VPN

2. Disconnected from the DNS services

3. Connected to different Networks

4. Completely reinstalled Office & Teams

5. Had user try in the browser (is working fine in Chrome & others)

6. Confirmed that Outlook and other Office programs do have connections.

7. Confirmed user can access the internet as a whole while this issue is occurring, whether the VPN & such are enabled or not.

The user is still unable to get the app to work.

I'm not sure what else I should be checking or doing.

I've seen in other posts that clearing Teams cache might be worth a try, but with the full uninstall and reinstall I figured that would be taken care of.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 Reply

@Cole_1012 So what happens? Nothing or is there at least an error of some sort or an event in the event logs. If you go right click the windows start button, run, eventvwr. Anything standing out at the time of the failed launch.

Also I don't suppose the Teams icon is in the system tray, if so, can you right click and view logs?

Or is there anything in the logs at C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams

Also if you wanted to go overboard have you created a new profile for the user in question as that is one sure way to flush out any temp stuff associated with a user but not taken care of by just an application uninstall/install

Thanks

Henry