SOLVED

Unable to change recordings from teams to go into Onedrive rather than stream

Steel Contributor

Hi All, 

I have having issues changing the teams recordings to go into onedrive as default rather than Stream 

I am using 

$session = New-CsOnlineSession -Credential $cred

Import-PSSession $session

Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -RecordingStorageMode “OneDriveForBusiness”

Once I put this in I get this pop up for authentication  

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 10.55.05 AM.png

Then I get this error when I take out Oauth and replace with my global admin account details 

Screenshot 2020-10-02 at 10.53.28 AM.png

Please help!

7 Replies

@AB21805 

Check this. 

• Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 67138
  • Timing:
    • Early October (October 5, 2020) – You can enable the Teams Meeting policy to have meeting recordings saved to OneDrive and SharePoint instead of Microsoft Stream (Classic)
    • End of October (October 31, 2020) – Meeting recordings in OneDrive and SharePoint will have support for English captions via the Teams transcription feature.
    • Early to mid-November (Rolling out between November 1 -15 , 2020) – All new Teams meeting recordings will be saved to OneDrive and SharePoint unless you delay this change by modifying your organization’s Teams Meeting policies and explicitly setting them to “Stream”
    • Q1 2021 – No new meeting recordings can be saved to Microsoft Stream (Classic); all customers will automatically have meeting recordings saved to OneDrive and SharePoint even if they’ve changed their Teams meeting policies to Stream”
  • Rollout: Tenant level

@AB21805 Hello, exit PowerShell (terminate process) and try again. Usually you get the OAuth username prompt when being idle too long.

As per Microsoft this feature will be available on 5th Oct

@Swaminathan_Arumugam Hello, already in our tenant and configurable.

Hi @ChristianBergstrom 

Thanks for this! It is asking I need to enable cloud recording? I would be ok doing this but for only faculty but everyone is this possible? 

Hi @Swaminathan_Arumugam @ChristianBergstrom 

Still getting this error 

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 10.14.09 AM.png

Any ideas? I want the policy "RestrictedAnonymousAccess" to be able to save the recording to onedrive 

If I use "global" instead of "RestrictedAnonymousAccess" It works but I dont want everyone to have this! 

Please help!

best response confirmed by AB21805 (Steel Contributor)
Solution

@AB21805 Hello, don't use the built-in policy. It consists of predefined settings that can't be edited or changed by admins. Create a new policy instead.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-restricted-anonymous-access

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AB21805 (Steel Contributor)
Solution

@AB21805 Hello, don't use the built-in policy. It consists of predefined settings that can't be edited or changed by admins. Create a new policy instead.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/meeting-policies-restricted-anonymous-access

View solution in original post