SOLVED

Unable to assign phone number to resource account

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I have set up Teams voice calling with Direct Routing. Its working however, I am not able to get a call queue to function. I followed the instructions for creating call queues and I can confirm its correct.

However, I am not able to assign an on premise service number to the CQ. When I run:

Set-CsOnlineVoiceApplicationInstance -Identity resourceaccount@domain.org -TelephoneNumber +123xyz

The feedback is:
WARNING: The phone number 123xyz being assigned to user can’t be found in the available tenant
abc number list. Please assign a number that is available in the tenant number list.

On the web interface, I see other numbers however, the desired is missing from the list.

How do I add 123xyz to the tenant's number list? thank you.

4 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@jokoegwale 

I found a solution. This added the service number to the resource account successfully:

Set-CsOnlineApplicationInstance -Identity "resourceaccount@domain.org" -OnpremPhoneNumber +123xyz

my Call Queue (CQ) is functioning.

regards.

Could you please help to fix Resource account number assignment issues?

I am getting an while assigning a phone number for direct routing.
Kindly provide more details of what you are trying to do and the error received so that I have more information to support.

For those looking for guidance on this topic, the Teams Phone Advanced Deployment Guide provides guidance on adding Resource Accounts to Call Queues.

Teams Phone - Call Queue - Resource Account.png

In addition to covering this topic, the Teams Phone Advanced Deployment Guide provides a detailed checklist of all Steps required to deploy Teams Phone to your organization.

Please note that the Teams Phone Advanced Deployment Guide is located in the M365 Admin Center, so you will need to login with a Tenant Admin account to view this deployment guide.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@jokoegwale 

I found a solution. This added the service number to the resource account successfully:

Set-CsOnlineApplicationInstance -Identity "resourceaccount@domain.org" -OnpremPhoneNumber +123xyz

my Call Queue (CQ) is functioning.

regards.

View solution in original post