Unable to assign Phone Number to Resource Account - Unable to find phone numbers

Copper Contributor

I have been tasked with setting up Teams Calling throughout my organization. At the moment I am trying to set up an Auto Attendant, and attach a Phone Number to a Resource Account. 

I have been seeing this error (See Image) for the last three days when attempting to add a number to the Resource Account. 
Is this due to a permissions issue ? Or is MS currently experiencing actual problems with this feature? 

clipboard_image_0.png

4 Replies

Hi @Lhahn676,

just some questions to get some clarification:

• are you using Teams Calling Plans and have already some phone numbers which are not displayed?
  • Did you try it with another browser?
  • Did you assign a license to the resource account?
  • Did you try to assign a phone number to a resource account by using PowerShell, too?

At last but not at least if you tried all this above or even more you might open a support ticket at Microsoft to resolve it together.

Best Regards

Erik

Hello @Erik365Online ,

I have phone numbers that are unused, but this interface requires me to search for one of the unused phone numbers. When doing so the error as shown in the original post appears. 

- I did try in Chrome and Edge, both had the same result.
- What license does the Resource Account require? E1,E3, E5? Currently the resource account has a Phone system License, and a Calling plan associated with it. 
- I will try Powershell next, but would like to confirm which license the resource account should have first. 

Hi @Lhahn676,

the resource account should have a Phone System Virtual User license or a regular Phone System license. A calling plan license is not required for the resource account because the users behind will licensed with calling plans (users in the call queue/auto attendant).

Do you have a toll or toll-free service number for the resource account?

You cannot assign a user number to resource account.

https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/microsoftteams/manage-resource-accounts#create-a-resource-account-i...

@Erik365Online 

So it turns out it was a permissions problem. I have Teams Communication Admin, and Teams Service Admin, but neither of those allowed me to assign the number. 

My Orgs global admin was able to do it for me; however, now we are unsure as to which role is required! 

Thanks for your suggestions!