SOLVED

Unable to add the Microsoft Project app to my Teams site. Get error message

Copper Contributor
I have tried at different times in the past 3 weeks, to add 'Project' to my teams site. Every time the same error prevents the installation.
I am using the free version and it happens both in the TEAMS app on windows, as well in Chrome online version.  What can I do?

Something went wrong. Please try again.
Correlation ID: 7a135434-d964-4e33-a34b-78ddef4f26a1
Thx
4 Replies

Hi @VeKiJa  Let's see if one of the MVPs can assist  - @ChristianJBergstrom , would using the Free version of Teams prevent this user from adding Microsoft Project?

@Therese_Solimeno @VeKiJa Hello, well as Teams free is provided "free of charge" there are some features and functionality missing compared to the licensed version. When it comes to Microsoft Project I kind of feel it would be odd if it was to be added on a Teams free org. without issues.

I could reproduce your error message, but this it what it should look like.

ChristianJBergstrom_0-1638220669000.png

@ChristianJBergstrom 

Hej Christian
No, that was not my error message, and I read that Project is supposed to be available also for the free version. But I finally chose another app - meisterTask.
Thanks anyway.

best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

@VeKiJa Hi, please link to that information where it says that it's supported using Teams free.

This is from the official support pages and it clearly states you'll need a license

Use the Project or Roadmap app in Teams (microsoft.com)

Good to hear you found something that fits your need though.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Therese_Solimeno (Moderator)
Solution

@VeKiJa Hi, please link to that information where it says that it's supported using Teams free.

This is from the official support pages and it clearly states you'll need a license

Use the Project or Roadmap app in Teams (microsoft.com)

Good to hear you found something that fits your need though.

View solution in original post