SOLVED

Unable to add existing list to Lists in Teams channel

Copper Contributor

I am having an issue adding an existing list to Lists in Teams. I can add all other lists from this group/site to the desired Teams channel, except this one. I am getting an error: "That link did not work because you either do not have access or it is unsupported."

The channel is private and the list is not hosted on the sub-site for the private channel; rather its hosted on the main site. However, I was able to add other Lists from other sites to this private channel with no issue.

I have verified that the permissions are standard; same as all the other lists. I am an owner with Full Control. I can access and edit the list through SharePoint no problem. Any ideas as to why this may be happening?

Screenshot 2020-10-02 100246.png

24 Replies

@tebohoramosa @Natalie Harzic 

I did the website workaround but the tab fails to load my list. However, i get a message "if your site isnt loading correctly, click here"

on clicking "here" it opens another web page with the list correctly displayed.

But it isnt displayed in teams.

hesh

This did work for me as well, its simple enough to do. Really strange the share link the site generates doesn't do the same thing. One concern I had is I wanted to change the permission to read only on the shared team. Anyway to adjust this so its read only while sharing it this way?
@joeledvina solution worked. Searching for solution for a while - this worked. I grabbed the URL from the web browser, and ensured my permissions were correct.
THANK YOU!! This worked