SOLVED

Unable to add connectors on any channel

Brass Contributor

Hello Team,

We are unable to add/manage connectors on any channel. I am the owner of the Team and also I am unable to. Any help please?

Something went wrong.

Login required
RequestId: unknown
Server: XYZ
Date: 2021-11-22 11:19:51 +0100

It was working earlier, the only change we did is.. renamed the Team name. Since then its not working.

1. I tried to clear cache

2. Checked the permissions from Team Settings -> Manage connectors was enabled

I dont know any other options, please help

Thanks and have a nice day!

Bhargav

42 Replies

Still no good news, technical support collected some logs by reproducing the issue on my PC.

Today I have one more call for remote support, we'll see.

Okay. Yeah we are also yet to get any information on that.

Thanks,
Bhargav

My patience is run out. The issue is existing more than 7 days, no solution. So I also did open an MS ticket. I did wrote every piece of information. Unfortunately, when first Microsoft called me, I was unable to speak with them, because I was at a meeting. So they wrote me some instructions to try. I explicitly wrote down that the problem can be reproduced via web but these tips I got:

Hint: it did not solve my issue, but you can try.

1. Compatibility mode

Right-click the MS Team icon on the taskbar then select quit.

- Then right-click the MS Team icon on the desktop > select properties > Under the compatibility tab, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" option then select Windows 7 from the dropdown list

- Right-click the MS Team shortcut on the desktop > select run as administrator.

2. Clear cache

Fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client. To do this, either right click Teams from the Icon Tray, select ‘Quit’. Or run Task Manager and fully kill the process.

Go to File Explorer, and type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.

Once in the directory, delete any file in the following folders:

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage

%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp

3. Reinstall Teams

@brogyihow is this going to help, if the same problem exists on the Teams Web client/version as well ?

@olics567

Wish it were fixed...MS gathered some logs (browser network traces) as I was reproducing the issue, that happens in both desktop app and web app. Still waiting...I hope I must not recreate all involved Teams, at least...

It is not going to help, /but I wrote this above/ if you have exactly the same problem and same symptoms as mine. But it could resolve the problem if you have only client side / application problem. I could not know, just shared the information.
We tried those last time to delete those folders and cache etc etc, that didnt work unfortunately :(
Dont know when will this going to be fixed..
Hi! This issue was solved by Microsoft today and it works for me again.

Hope it works for you guys too
Really? It isn't working for me so far...nor in web app. Maybe I'm hooked to a server they didn't fixed yet...Thanks for the post, anyway.
Nope still not working for me atleast.

Something went wrong.
Login required
Server: DB8XXDDDDXXX
Date: 2021-12-02 12:35:18 +0100
Is it still working for you?
Today we are getting new error..

Connectors have been turned off for this mailbox by the admin. Contact your admin if you want to have connectors turned on.: Access to Connectors is disabled.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/how-to-enable-or-disable-connectors-in-office-...

I tried following this, settings seems to be fine but no luck

Thanks,
Bhargav

Still not working for me.  Fails in both the web app and the Windows client.  I desperately need to get in and update a failed connector.

What is the error you are getting?

@Bhargav56  pretty much the same as everybody else..

Something went wrong.
Login required
Server: DM6PR20MB2682
Date: 2021-12-06 09:45:56 -0600

For us, we are getting new errors since today
Connectors have been turned off for this mailbox by the admin. Contact your admin if you want to have connectors turned on.: Access to Connectors is disabled.

We verified all the settings and everything seems to be fine. But still see that error

@rlangham1105 

You can't do anything to fix on your own, I had to open a support case and MS fixed it.

Any information on what they did inorder to fix it?
Sorry, no details, the simply called me to verify the issue has gone away...

@BR180 , @Bhargav56  as of this morning, mine is fixed.  I didn't contact them to let them know of this issue.  So maybe what they did for @BR180 also fixed it for other people.   In my case, it was "something went wrong"/ "Login Required" error.

You're lucky, I ain't...maybe I did open the way!