SOLVED

Unable email doc to channel

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Using the channel email address, I can email documents from outlook, gmail, other with no problem.  But, with an open document (e.g. Excel) and emailing it via the Share function in the doc, it gets rejected as spam.

Any suggestions?

ac

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@acoadAs these are the default emails that come with the channel and it has limited features so it should not be treated as full email inbox or system rather it routes files or emails from outlook or other email systems to a posting it as a conversation to a channel into a team.

@PDostiyar That is not the problem. Let me explain in more detail.

If I am outside of the organisation, I can send a document to one or more individual addresses inside the organisation either by using Outlook or by using the Share function within an Office document. As expected. No issue.

If I am outside the organisation, I can send a document to a MS365 group email either by using Outlook or by using the Share function within an Office document.  If that group email address happens to be the email address for a Teams channel, the email message and attachment appear in the Posts of the channel. As expected. No issue.

However, if I am inside the organisation, I can send a document to one or more individuals and/or to a group email address if I originate the email with Outlook.  If the email address is the group address for a channel, the email and attachment appear on the channel. As expected. No issue.

If I send a document to one or more individuals or to a group email address using the Share function within the document, the email is rejected as spam.

In other words, the Share function is broken.

Regards,

ac

@acoadI am not sure what is the issue there, but that should work normally as i check all the cases it worked for me;

- from outlook or share > to channel email was posted to channel

- from outlook or share > to group email got email and access

in both the above cases the delivery option was allowed to all sender

also, the same options worked for external users once I enabled allowed outside organizations to send emails to this group.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@acoadAs these are the default emails that come with the channel and it has limited features so it should not be treated as full email inbox or system rather it routes files or emails from outlook or other email systems to a posting it as a conversation to a channel into a team.

View solution in original post