SOLVED

Turning off incoming video - screen recording

Steel Contributor

Hi All, 

I was wondering if anyone can help, I want to be able to record a meeting and turn off the incoming video but when I finish the recording and view it in Microsoft Stream ,the incoming video of users is visible, is there a way I can stop it coming through without getting the user to turn off their camera pre-meeting. 

Please help! 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by AB21805 (Steel Contributor)
Solution

@AB21805 

There is currently not a way to turn off video in a recording.  The Stream recording will capture a Microsoft Teams Meeting or a Teams Channel Meeting as-is as if you were there live. If you are looking for more control over what is displayed and when (video, content, etc.) you would need to schedule a Live Event.  In a live event, you will not have the 2-way voice to interact so your attendees would ask questions and communicate over text only.  Typically a live event is for a more structured meeting scenario and therefore the recording is too.  

If you're looking for the Teams meeting interaction but want to control (or lock) video on a single presenter for the meeting and/or the recording, that is a good idea and something that has been brought up in UserVoice. If you'd like to vote on that idea, I urge you to do so.  I believe this ask here is what you are looking to do, also.  https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36017230-video-meeting-option-...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by AB21805 (Steel Contributor)
Solution

@AB21805 

There is currently not a way to turn off video in a recording.  The Stream recording will capture a Microsoft Teams Meeting or a Teams Channel Meeting as-is as if you were there live. If you are looking for more control over what is displayed and when (video, content, etc.) you would need to schedule a Live Event.  In a live event, you will not have the 2-way voice to interact so your attendees would ask questions and communicate over text only.  Typically a live event is for a more structured meeting scenario and therefore the recording is too.  

If you're looking for the Teams meeting interaction but want to control (or lock) video on a single presenter for the meeting and/or the recording, that is a good idea and something that has been brought up in UserVoice. If you'd like to vote on that idea, I urge you to do so.  I believe this ask here is what you are looking to do, also.  https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/36017230-video-meeting-option-...

View solution in original post