SOLVED

Turn on notifications for added files

Copper Contributor

Hi, I'd like to turn on notifications for when member of my team change/add a file to a channel. Is this possible? Thanks a lot!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by HesterA (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yes! From the files tab in that channel in that Team -> Open in SharePoint! In the top menu click “Notify me” ( if not seen click the ... for more options ) here you can set notifications on different changes in that space.

You can also use Power Automate and create a flow for this. There’s templates doing this also and you can alter them to fit your scenario. You can reach that from the portal.office.com or directly from SharePoint

Adam
Hi Adam, thanks a lot for your quick response. I found the settings and turned the notifications on.
Great! Happy to help

@adam deltinger 

the only Deliver Methods i found on the Sharepoint page were 

- email

- sms

It would be nice if one could select

- channel post

With a automatic hook to the channel the user started the experience from.

Does anyone knows if this is in the roadmap (to avoid having to build an integration manually)?

@adam deltinger do you happen to know if it is possible to create an alert for when a new tab is added in a team? For instance, my team would like to be able to add an Excel spreadsheet in a new tab and have an email go out to all team members when that is done. I tried this in Power Automate, but it seems like the closest option is to email members any time a message is written in that team.

Thank you

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by HesterA (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yes! From the files tab in that channel in that Team -> Open in SharePoint! In the top menu click “Notify me” ( if not seen click the ... for more options ) here you can set notifications on different changes in that space.

You can also use Power Automate and create a flow for this. There’s templates doing this also and you can alter them to fit your scenario. You can reach that from the portal.office.com or directly from SharePoint

Adam

View solution in original post