SOLVED

Turn on live captions not available

Brass Contributor

Hi

Looks like this has been an issue for others too. In our team, I am the 365 admin. Everyone has the feature available except me (its not even greyed out, just not there)

Can I just change an admin setting so anyone can have it available? It cant be because I am a guest, because I am an admin!

6 Replies

@Dave Belcher  There is a setting on the admin center that you need to change it as per your requirement first go to Teams Admin CenterMeetings > Meetings Policies >select the policy maybe your have only one that is org-wide > go to participant and guests > change from disable to disabled but users can enable it so you are able to see it... here is the screenshot;

Pervaiz Dostiyar_0-1596218304549.png

Share your experience once you are done with these settings.

@PDostiyar 

Thanks Pervaiz, but it cant be org wide as I say everybody else in the team has the option except me the tennant and group admin

@PDostiyar 

Hi

Where is participants and guests menu item? I cant find it.

@Dave Belcher   Teams Admin CenterMeetings > Meetings Policies >select the policy maybe your have only one that is org-wide > go to participant and guests >

@PDostiyar 

Hi. Yes we have org wide global policy in that list. Under participants and guests it says subtitles disabled but user can override, as expected since everyone but me has this option. So apparently I am in a different policy even though I am the admin

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Dave Belcher   once again checks if there is any other policy that may be turned on for specific users like you are admin so another policy is set up just for power/admin users.

if you still believe there is only one policy I guess opening a ticket with Microsft will not hurt...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Dave Belcher   once again checks if there is any other policy that may be turned on for specific users like you are admin so another policy is set up just for power/admin users.

if you still believe there is only one policy I guess opening a ticket with Microsft will not hurt...

View solution in original post