Trying to setup a free Teams account

Copper Contributor

When I try and setup a free Teams account, I get the following error message (I am logged-in to my MSFT online account which has an Office subscription)....

Sorry, that didn't work.

This doesn't look like a valid user ID. Make sure you typed the user ID assigned to you by your organization. It usually looks like someone@example.com or someone@example.{0}.

Correlation ID: 1d59da93-1918-403b-a701-41e902b59323

7 Replies

@davidmichael  Seems your UPN is not matching between Azure AD cloud services and on prime Active Directory that needs to be force synced so it is fixed more details could be found on these docs.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/troubleshoot/active-directory/this-doesnt-look-like-valid...

share your experience after trying out this.

@davidmichael same problem :(

@davidmichael Ihave the same problem but I will try my best to resolve it.

@davidmichael i am having the same issue and i want to setup a free subscription of Teams.

Sorry, that didn't work.
This doesn't look like a valid user ID. Make sure you typed the user ID assigned to you by your organization. It usually looks like someone@example.com or someone@example.{0}.

Correlation ID: 870c56c8-f656-4918-a5e4-6182f6f38a51

@PDostiyar 

Any advice on how to follow this advice?

"To resolve this issue, make sure that the on-premises UPN suffix is a verified domain, and then either wait until the next time that directory synchronization runs or force directory synchronization."

@Mick_James  I thinks once i did mention in my previous comment to sync or wait for the sync to happen but sync normally happens each 30 minutes.... which should has been happen many time so far unless there is anything stopping from the sync and changes to be sync....

Hi, as this is Teams free that shouldn’t be applicable so not the issue here (but a great link with matching error message). I would like to know if the people experiencing this problem actually follow these instructions.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/sign-up-for-teams-free-70aaf044-b872-4c32-ac47-362ab29ebb...