Trying to set a meeting, "mailbox not found" error .. so frustrated with everything Microsoft!

Copper Contributor

HI, 

I am trying to set up Microsoft Teams for our Youth Sports Organization. We are a not for profit and qualify for a business account. I have gone through the set up and have attempted to get Teams to work. Everything about this process is not user friendly at all. I can open teams, I can see that I am the only user in it. I don't want to add other users until I can test out teams etc. I am trying to test a Teams Meeting by sending my personal email account an invite to attend but I keep getting the error "mailbox not found" or something like that. Why can't this process be easier!!!???? Google was a piece of cake, this is a million different screens, settings that don't make sense and I cannot even locate settings to allow outside/public to attend live events ...

Please help!!! 

2 Replies
In your other similar thread the conclusion was to make sure you have exchange online licenses applied to users in order for the calendar and scheduling meetings (which normally are scheduled in the calendar)

Adam

@Lyndseyhotell 

In your TEAMS admin centre you need to switch on the allow guest access from the settings cog. Then when you add an email outside your organisation to your meeting it will say 'invite' the email, instead of not in this organisation. It will take a bit of getting used to as its a new tool and Microsoft TEAMS has a great range of training videos to help. see: microsoft-teams-video-training 

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 10.44.46.png