Trouble logging into Teams after changing Microsoft account email

Copper Contributor

Hi. I've been using Teams Free Classic. I changed the email address associated with my Microsoft account, and now I cannot login to Teams.

I've tried to login after clearing cookies, as well as in InPrivate mode. I also tried on Chrome.

Unfortunately my Teams account is no longer accessible. I can use all other Microsoft services without problems though. I can also keep using the Teams Android app. There, in my Teams profile, I can still see the old email address.

It seems that the change in my Microsoft account did not update my Teams profile.

Can you help me resolve this issue please?

2 Replies
This can be one of several things, did you change the alias but still using the same personal Microsoft account? You didn't mention what happens when you're signing in using InPrivate mode, what's the result?

Teams free classic will be deprecated going forward so that could also explain what you're experiencing, but my Teams free classic is still live though.

You could try and wipe some settings related to autostart but by using InPrivate mode with the browser you should be good verifying your account.

Simply copy/paste to PowerShell to clear the desktop client settings.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/scripts/powershell-script-teams-reset-autostart
InPrivate mode didn't work either. Same authentication error.
I think the email in Teams profile needs to be updated by an internal team at Microsoft.