SOLVED

Transfer call to call queue

Brass Contributor

We have recently implemented Teams for telephony, we have found that users cannot transfer a call to any of our call queues we have set up. I have found that they have to dial the full number the first time, if they've done this once the CQ seems to stick in their recent/speed dial list. Surely there's a better way than asking all of the switchboard/reception staff to dial the full number?

9 Replies

@JcarrMbro 

see here

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/transfer-call-in-call-queue/m-p/3051056

See if you can transfer to the name of the resource account not the name of the CQ

Let us know how you get on

Best, Chris

Morning Chris,

We have tried this and the resource account also doesn't show in the list when trying to transfer a call. We've also tried searching the UPN without success.

Thanks,
Jamie.

@JcarrMbro 

Awesome. I would recommend

1.) Opening a bug on the feedback site here: https://feedbackportal.microsoft.com/

2.) Raising a ticket to Microsoft referencing the bug

If you leave the ticket number here I will raise that to MS Teams Engineering via the access I have. I can't promise it'll be resolved quick, but it will get it in front of them to look at.

Best, Chris

Hi Chris,

I have logged a support ticket with Microsoft - Ref: 32245899‎

@JcarrMbro 

Raised for investigation

ChristopherHoard_0-1659393362186.png

Best of luck, I hope it gets picked up and fixed soon. Thanks for raising and wanting to make Teams better

Best, Chris

Steps to Transfer your one-on-one calls in Teams.

When you're in a call, select More actions Select to see more options > Transfer in your call controls.

Start typing the name of the person you want to transfer the call to and select them when they appear.

If they're in your org and using Teams or Skype for Business, turn on Ring back if there's no answer to send the call back to you if the recipient doesn't answer.

Select Transfer to complete the transfer or the dropdown arrow to choose one of the following options:

Work to transfer the call to their Teams number

Work voicemail to send it straight to their voicemail

Any other numbers (like their mobile number) they added to their account

Consult then transfer
You may want to check in with someone before you transfer a call.

When you're in a call, select More actions More options button > Consult then transfer.

Teams-consult then transfer menu screen

Under Choose a person to consult, start typing the name of the person you want to reach and select them when they appear.

Consult with them by calling or using chat.

When you're ready, hit Transfer.

This may help you,
Rachel Gomez
Hi Rachel,

The issue we have is when we try to transfer a call to one of our auto attendants/call queues they do not appear in the list. Meaning we can only transfer to the AA/CQ if we know the full number to dial which defeats the point of having a searchable directory.

Thanks,
Jamie.
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

Hi @Christopher Hoard 

We have resolved this ourselves by disabling our search using an Exchange address book policy setting with Teams admin>Teams Settings>Search by name.

JcarrMbro_0-1659609995867.png

Thanks for the help and hopefully this can help others.

does this still work? I have done this and still have same problem
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution

Hi @Christopher Hoard 

We have resolved this ourselves by disabling our search using an Exchange address book policy setting with Teams admin>Teams Settings>Search by name.

JcarrMbro_0-1659609995867.png

Thanks for the help and hopefully this can help others.

View solution in original post