transcription of shared mailbox Teams meeting

Brass Contributor

Hello 

Please i need your help on this issue.

One of my customer want to get transcription of a shared mailbox in a Teams meeting. 

1 Reply

Hello @MikeJohn1710,

to obtain a transcription for a Teams meeting managed through a shared mailbox, specific steps and prerequisites need to be followed:

1. Creating Meetings: The meeting must be created by a delegate using the shared mailbox's calendar.
  2. Updating Meetings: Any changes to the meeting must also be made through the shared mailbox's calendar.
  3. Updating Meeting Options: Meeting options can only be updated by the delegate who organized the meeting or by co-organizers with delegate access to the shared mailbox.
  4. Managing Meeting Recordings: The user who starts the recording of a meeting can manage it if the shared mailbox has both a Teams license and a custom meeting policy that allows cloud recordings.
  5. Managing Breakout Rooms: To manage breakout rooms, the shared mailbox must have a Teams license assigned, and the user must be a co-organizer with delegate access to the shared mailbox.

For live transcription in Teams meetings:

• Go to the meeting controls and select "More actions".
  • Choose "Start transcription" from the "Record and transcribe" menu.
  • If you also want to record the meeting, select "More options" again and then "Start recording".

Please note that shared mailboxes are not intended for direct sign-ins. Keep the shared mailbox account in a disabled state and avoid resetting the password or signing in with the shared mailbox user account.

Available Teams meeting features for shared mailboxes - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Learn

LeonPavesic_0-1718714717705.png

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic
(LinkedIn)
(Twitter)