SOLVED

Timestamp using Two Devices

Copper Contributor

My school uses MS teams for online lectures. I use my laptop for visuals however the microphone is broken in the laptop and the audio jack is also not working, I see my phone to communicate during the class. So basically I am using 2 devices. The school uses the timestamp to mark attendance however as I am using 2 devices at the same time, which timestamp will be recorded. Also, what happens to timestamp when I disconnect my phone before the laptop or vice versa?

1 Reply
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@abhishekmavi I guess your teacher downloads the attendance list in the end of the meeting, then they will see that you as one person and the time when you joined with the first device. So you as a users is only listed once and it is the time for both your devices combined that is shown in the list. And in that list it is only the join time that is shown, but there are other reports that also can show when you leaved the meeting with the last device.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@abhishekmavi I guess your teacher downloads the attendance list in the end of the meeting, then they will see that you as one person and the time when you joined with the first device. So you as a users is only listed once and it is the time for both your devices combined that is shown in the list. And in that list it is only the join time that is shown, but there are other reports that also can show when you leaved the meeting with the last device.

View solution in original post