SOLVED

Time report export from Shifts app has stopped working

Steel Contributor

On the Teams app (both desktop and web):

Attempting to export the clock in/out data via Shifts App--> Settings-->Time Clock-->Export

No file is generated/not prompted to save. This has been working up till recently. Can anyone confirm whether this is working for them?

Thanks,

Bob

8 Replies
Seems to be working for me! Try from web or from another schedule if possible

@Bob Manjoney This is working for me from the desktop app. I have never received a prompt/confirmation of file export. If I check my default downloads folder for Chrome, the file is in there. 

I have a handful of users for whom this isn't working - but it is working for some. It behaves the same regardless of desktop or web.

FWIW, when it does work, you do in fact get a toast notification that the file is downloading.

I'm going to do what I find I have to do frequently: remove, then re-add the users to the various teams where they've been affected. Thankfully, they are team owners (manager types) and don't actually have shifts in the schedules.

Thanks for the help folks!

best response confirmed by Bob Manjoney (Steel Contributor)
Solution

I believe I have identified the scenario where this fails: Users are unable to export time clock data from Shifts. The only user who is able to perform an export successfully is the person who actually created the schedule - other users, despite being designated as Team Owners, are unable to export. They click the export button, and nothing happens, no file is downloaded. I have confirmed this behavior across several tenants and users/schedules. It fails in both the web app and the desktop app.

Edit/Update: Confirmed as a bug w/MS Technical Support who was able to reproduce this issue. The only recourse is to suggest this in "User Voice" which seems like a dead-end, surely never to be looked at again. This bug effectively prevents several of my clients from adopting shifts, since there is no way for the folks in payroll, for example, who depend on this data to pull it themselves on demand - they have to wait/hope for the schedule owner to provide it to them, And in many cases, the person who created the schedule initially, is not the actual front-line manager responsible for the schedules.

@Bob Manjoney    Thanks for the update, I've just been through a similar exercise in hair pulling.  Unfortunately great ideas the get your hopes up with what turns out to be half baked implementations that let you down seem to be an increasing trend for Microsoft these days.

User voice is far too fragmented a forum to get any traction.   

@Bob Manjoney I am having this same issue that just started on 7/25/2023, but it is only affecting one of my Scheduling Groups. All of the other 7 Groups still export without issue. 

@JDeckerICT have you managed to find a solutions for this issue? It seems that for me this has just started occurring... I did the basic troubleshooting but nothing seems to be working.

@TomsiP same here. It just started this morning and it seems the entire organization is affected.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Bob Manjoney (Steel Contributor)
Solution

I believe I have identified the scenario where this fails: Users are unable to export time clock data from Shifts. The only user who is able to perform an export successfully is the person who actually created the schedule - other users, despite being designated as Team Owners, are unable to export. They click the export button, and nothing happens, no file is downloaded. I have confirmed this behavior across several tenants and users/schedules. It fails in both the web app and the desktop app.

Edit/Update: Confirmed as a bug w/MS Technical Support who was able to reproduce this issue. The only recourse is to suggest this in "User Voice" which seems like a dead-end, surely never to be looked at again. This bug effectively prevents several of my clients from adopting shifts, since there is no way for the folks in payroll, for example, who depend on this data to pull it themselves on demand - they have to wait/hope for the schedule owner to provide it to them, And in many cases, the person who created the schedule initially, is not the actual front-line manager responsible for the schedules.

View solution in original post