SOLVED

The recording title doesn't match the meeting title

Copper Contributor

My partner has a problem, when they have a meeting and record it, the recording of the meeting shows a different title from the meeting title (attached to the picture). This does not happen in every meeting, some meeting recordings still show the original title after being recorded. Is there any suggestions/solutions to solve my partner's problem?

Thanks

5 Replies
Hi @moirsal

The title that is shown in the beginning of the recording is reflective of the meeting title and cannot be changed unless you crop the video. In terms of the recording itself - the MP4 file, you can change this file name where the file is saved (in OneDrive or SharePoint) to reflect the title which is used in the meeting.

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

Hi @Christopher Hoard 

Yes I mean, the mp4 recording file that goes to Microsoft Stream, gets a different title from the meeting title and I just realized the picture I mean is not attached, here is the picture.

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

The title of the video should be something like "R2 Koordinasi" not "Call with ..."

@Christopher Hoard 

And in the case that's happening right now, for example like this, in their Teams calendar, they have a Meeting with a title like the following

Teams Recording Issues.jpg

but when they finished recording the meeting, the title that appeared on the microsoft stream became like this

Teams Recording Issues 2.jpg

The title that appears, should be the same as the title of the meeting, right? But it turned out to be like that

best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hmmm interesting, and odd. I would say that it could have been caused by changing the meeting name after the meeting has been, however, somebody would not have changed it to 'call with Abdus and 5 others'. However, just so you are aware Microsoft is changing the meeting recording experience on August 16th so that all recordings go into SharePoint and OneDrive, it could be related to this because Stream is changing to just a player.

I guess the options

1. Trim the video (to cut the title page stamped in the video and rename the video in Stream
2. Or, I would recommend switching over to the new meeting recording experience and the files go into OneDrive and SharePoint. You can make the change via this blog

https://microsoft365pro.co.uk/2020/10/11/teams-real-simple-with-pictures-opting-into-sharepoint-oned...

The recordings that go into ODSP are named what the meeting title is and so should be consistent again. It would probably be quicker, rather than raising a case and getting to the root of it, renaming in Stream and cutting over to the new experience where you'll get the fidelity.

Hope that helps.

Best, Chris
We are now saving to SP/OD but are experiencing the same issue. A user had a meeting yesterday and today, both with different meeting titles. Both recordings had a filename of the title of meeting that is not until next week?!? The meetings were created seperately.

Are you still getting this issue?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adam deltinger (MVP)
Solution
Hmmm interesting, and odd. I would say that it could have been caused by changing the meeting name after the meeting has been, however, somebody would not have changed it to 'call with Abdus and 5 others'. However, just so you are aware Microsoft is changing the meeting recording experience on August 16th so that all recordings go into SharePoint and OneDrive, it could be related to this because Stream is changing to just a player.

I guess the options

1. Trim the video (to cut the title page stamped in the video and rename the video in Stream
2. Or, I would recommend switching over to the new meeting recording experience and the files go into OneDrive and SharePoint. You can make the change via this blog

https://microsoft365pro.co.uk/2020/10/11/teams-real-simple-with-pictures-opting-into-sharepoint-oned...

The recordings that go into ODSP are named what the meeting title is and so should be consistent again. It would probably be quicker, rather than raising a case and getting to the root of it, renaming in Stream and cutting over to the new experience where you'll get the fidelity.

Hope that helps.

Best, Chris

View solution in original post