The Notification Badge for Assignments won't go away.

Copper Contributor

I have a notification badge on my Microsoft Teams' assignments.

I do not know how to remove the badge.

5 Replies

@taroj1205 Hey, assuming this is happening using Teams desktop I would start by clearing the Teams cache, go to Start and type %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams and hit enter, remove all content in the Teams folder.

If no success, try signing out and back in again manually from the top right corner (profile picture).

Still an issue, reinstall the desktop app.

@ChristianBergstrom Thank you for your response. I am using both Browser and desktop app. I've tried to clear teams cache for browser and desktop app.

But I cannot remove the notification badge for Assignments.

@taroj1205 Are you using more than one account? Multiple tenants? No difference if signing out and back in manually?

As I'm not familiar with Teams edu I'm afraid I cannot give any further suggestions if you already handled the assignment/s and checked the above.

@ChristianBergstrom I'm only using one school account. There was no difference. I've tried many times but it didn't work.

@taroj1205 That's odd. Same problem on another computer/device? (if applicable). The provided troubleshooting steps usually work. I've never tried this myself but maybe you can disable (turn off) all notifications under settings, wait some time, and then turn on again. Perhaps a long shot but give it a go?

If no luck you could reach out to your admin to have them create a support ticket with the official Microsoft support.

You have this as well https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers